BENEFITS BY SECTOR
The Benefits of Telepresence in Manufacturing Companies
The current challenges related to the global pandemic are bringing their share of upheavals in the manufacturing sector. Limitations on travel, imposed teleworking and new hygiene measures implemented to protect workers’ health have very tangible repercussions on the reality of organizations.
Among the tools to meet the new needs of the industry, telepresence robots are growing in popularity. On top of being an effective option for promoting sound management of production processes, they also facilitate certain unsuspected aspects of the overall activities of the companies. The uses of robots presented in this article highlight the many benefits of telepresence in manufacturing.
1. Obtain remote assistance in the event of a machinery problem
Because the manufacturing industry relies heavily on specialized equipment, dealing with machinery issues is one of the major challenges of a production line. Thanks to telepresence robots, factories can now count on the help of their employees or specialized technicians, regardless of their location. By taking possession of a robot, a technician can easily perform an analysis of the situation, identify the problem and guide the employees that are physically present to resolve the problems.
Telepresence therefore makes it possible to:
- Manage emergencies faster by reducing the wait times associated with moving an employee from one building to another or a specialized technician who would have to travel through different locations or cities.
- Access the expertise of the most qualified professionals for the specific issues encountered, no matter where they are in the world.
- Facilitate discussions and the search for solutions in real time.
- Reduce travel costs and expenses.
2. Present your production line to your customers
Because healthy business relationships are characterized by transparency and trust, communication between a supplier and its customer is a key concern. Allowing your customers to access the floor independently using telepresence robots will help them understand your production structure, while enhancing your proximity.
In this context, the use of robots allows to:
- Easily interact with your customers and respond to their concerns and questions in real time.
- Reduce travel and costs incurred.
- Save time, by reducing trips.
3. Keep in touch with your production workers anytime, anywhere
As presented in many of our case studies, multi-site organizations and those which own several buildings are constantly faced with communication difficulties.
Again, telepresence allows to:
- Reduce travel costs, including hotels and restaurants.
- Save time, by reducing the time spent on the road.
- Improve team cohesion and increase communication opportunities.
- Optimize everyone’s productivity by making it possible to speak directly to the employees concerned, without having to ask a third party to communicate a message to another or to obtain information.
4. Carry out floor rounds
When a floor supervisor is responsible for multiple establishments, moving from one building to another can be a significant part of their time. Telepresence robots make it possible to reduce actual visits, without affecting the tasks to be performed, such as validating the inventory, supervising assembly or preparation processes or communicating specific directives related to production or orders.
With this in mind, telepresence allows to:
- Save time and energy by avoiding certain trips.
- Avoid travel expenses.
- Find the employees concerned by the issues that must be managed and interact directly with them, instead of asking a third party and having to wait for a response, in addition to risking communication problems often associated with intermediaries.
5. Welcome visitors from abroad and coordinate the participation of remote teams in meetings
International collaborations represent a large part of the turnover of several manufacturing organizations. Travel is therefore frequent, in order to allow consultants, customers and suppliers to meet and discuss.
Telepresence robots offer the possibility of:
- Working with a supplier on specific projects, such as a new type of packaging or a new part while performing product quality audits, without having to travel.
- Follow the progress of a project’s developments, the search for solutions and the improvements made in real time, without having to ask for reports.
- Obtain advice from external consultants or do follow-ups in order to observe the implementation of new processes or their impact, following the recommendations initially made.
These Manufacturers use Hollo
6. Train your team remotely
Onboarding new employees and managing a team overall comes with its own set of challenges, especially when telecommuting comes into play. Managers must be creative in order to ensure cohesion and promote communication between members.
Thanks to telepresence, it is now possible to:
- Facilitate proximity between employees, thus promoting better professional relations.
- Provide team members with freedom and make it easier for them to access information and the environment.
- Build trust-based relationships.
- Reduce emails and chats, and encourage more direct interactions.
- Limit the feeling of isolation.
In short, the benefits of telepresence are numerous! Combined with a physical presence, Holo robots can avoid certain trips, helping organizations save time, energy and costs. Would you like to test the use of a robot and see for yourself what it could do in your work environment? Our test drive option will allow you to book a time slot directly online!
Advanced technology accessible to all
A robot that has proven effective in many industries!
Ready to get your Holo?
30 day money back guarantee